Finding the best motherboard for your processor can be quite the task. The core i9 9900k is one of the most premium processors out there. Intel has done a tremendous job with this CPU. Users get access to all the fantastic computing features with this top of the line purchase. In this guide, we are going to cover all the details about a sensible motherboard purchase. The Intel i9 9900k can handle anything that you throw at it. A device with eight cores and 16 threads is capable of handling gaming, editing, content creation, among other stuff quite effortlessly.
The motherboard also plays a massive part in ensuring your computer functions to its full potential.
Buying Guide Of Best Motherboard For i9 9900k:
It is crucial to keep a few things in mind while making a tech purchase. Motherboards are necessary devices but act as the glue that holds everything together. Through this buyer’s guide, we aim at helping you make the best possible decision.
1. Socket and Chipset
The CPU socket is an essential part of the motherboard. It decides whether or not your device will even fit the board. It is crucial to make sure you are purchasing the right one. Apart from the socket, you also need to take care of the chipset. It helps in the internal recognition of the processor by the motherboard. The i9 9900k makes use of the LGA 1151 socket. It is important to note that there are multiple boards with the 1151 socket because they were initially available four years ago.
2. Determine your goals
As a PC builder, you might have some pre-existing goals in mind for the computer. Once you know the purposes, then the task of picking up a board becomes easy. Options are ranging from primary computer to professional work. The Intel i9 9900k is also a good CPU for gaming needs.
3. Form Factor
The motherboard form factor dictates the size of your PC build. Many people prefer a tower build. A few people enjoy small devices for compact space needs. You can explore the options available to your disposal. There are mATX, ATX, ITX as the standard form factors known commonly. The smaller boards will save space but compromise on the expansion options like PCIe slots.
List Of Best Motherboard For i9 9900k:
Finding the best out of the bunch can be a challenging task. We try to make the job easy for all our readers. After careful research and thought processes, we came across some of the most suitable computing options. Once you go through this section, you will have a narrow list of motherboards. We are going to offer varied opportunities for different perspectives. You can indeed mix and match with the process and get the most value for your money. There are going to be several subcategories so you can pick the one which is suitable for you.
Gaming Motherboard –
The gaming lineup of motherboards is becoming heavily popular among users around the world. These devices are offering users with high quality and efficient use. It is among the ones at a higher price range.
1. MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge:
MSI is a huge brand when it comes to gaming products. Their lineup of laptops and computer parts is renowned among the lovers of the genre. The LGA 1151 motherboard supports both 8th and 9th gen Intel CPUs. It comes with a dual-channel memory buffer, which is perfect for quality ram usage. The four slots can run at 4400Mhz. Users are guaranteed precision, comfort, and quality when they make this purchase. You can get the unreal performance and experience the i9 9900k holistically. The rock-solid bios on this device will instantly recognize any processor. Fans of the RGB color scheme will love their unique mystic lighting feature. You get to choose the color scheme from a wide range of 29 LED effects.
Here are some of the highlights that we find unmissable.
- It offers a wide range of port selection to consumers with front type C access and USB gen 3.2 ports.
- You can access NVMe storage and M.2 SSD running at the same time for reading and writing at high speeds.
- One striking gaming feature is the game boost audio four technology for crisp sounds.
- It comes with premium Intel WiFi AC 1.73G technology, which offers high gigabit speeds. It also uses MU-MIMO technology.
- There are three 16X PCIe slots on the motherboard for SLI and Crossfire features. The places have stainless steel reinforcements.
- The proper heat dissipation through extended heatsink keeps things cold.
- It comes with WiFi and Bluetooth onboard.
- Gigabit ethernet access gives you the ability to download at super high speeds.
- The ATX form factor ensures users have all expansion features.
- It comes with a driver CD, which is useless these days.
- The board requires a lot of power from the PSU to keep the CPU running.
Buying rating – 10/10
The MSI board here offers the best price to performance ratio. It means you get the bang for your buck while using this product.
Budget Motherboard –
Some people run out of money after purchasing an expensive graphics card and CPU. An inexpensive option can help complete the build quickly. We recommend this option only if you are quite tight with the budget.
2. Asus Prime B365M-A LGA-115:
Asus is a known manufacturer of quality motherboard devices. Their peripherals, laptops, and computer accessories are of high quality. The B365M brings a comfortable build option for our readers. It is designed specifically for the 8th and 9th generation of Intel CPUs.
It is one of the best seller motherboards on the amazon site. The device follows a micro ATX form factor. Users can make a small and comfortable build with this purchase. It supports up to 64GB of DDR4 high-speed memory. The four slots enable you to explore dual-channel memory. It is an inexpensive option for your i9 9900k, which doesn’t compromise on many features.
Here are some of the uses that you can get out of the board.
- It comes with onboard dual M.2 slots for high-speed storage options with Intel Optane memory read.
- The hardware follows all the security and protection standards for the long term use of the device.
- It has one of the most appreciable fan control features on board to keep the temperatures under control.
- There are six SATA 6Gbps slots on the motherboard for your storage options.
- It has a 5Gbps USB type c port for high-speed transfers.
- It comes with various display output options like HDMI, DVI, and D-Sub.
- There are four high-speed USB 3.0 connectors on the rear panel and support for four on the front.
- The eight-channel audio output and input drivers make things simple.
- It is a cheap gaming and Virtual reality ready motherboard.
- The device may require a bios update before use with i9 9900k.
- It doesn’t support overclocking easily.
- The board limits DDR4 to only 2133Mhz speeds.
Buying rating – 9/10
It is not suitable to cheap out on a rich processor like the core i9. Sure, this budget option can work well with the CPU, but you don’t get all the features.
Premium Motherboard –
Some users need the best of the best when building a desktop computer. We resonate with the sentiments and bring you these premium options.
1. ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390:
The ASUS Republic of gamer devices is top of the line when it comes to computer equipment. We recommend them to all the innovators who need the best performance. Their products are suitable for highly skillful gamers and resource-intensive programmers. The Z390 chipset is perfect for the overclockable Core i9 9900k. The overall large heatsinks on the motherboard help you to get more juice from the sweet eight-core processor. It has a pre-mount I/O shield and with no external spacings, which helps keep dust out. The Maximus XI lineup doesn’t compromise in any regard.
We bring you some of the highlights that you must know before making a purchase.
- The motherboard supports water cooling and multiple external fan headers.
- There are three PCIe X16 connectors with Asus enforcement technology. These will keep your heavy graphics cards from harming the motherboard.
- It has unique RGB lightning features for gamers who love the color.
- The device comes with WiFi onboard.
- It comes with support for 64GB ram that can run at 4400+ MHz.
- The SupremeFX chip helps users to get premium audio quality from their motherboard.
- It has the iconic ROG UEFI Bios, which lets you have complete manual control.
- The dual M.2 slots help you expand too fast storage.
- The price is relatively high for this product.
- External WiFi antenna takes up a lot of space.
Buying Rating – 8.5/10
The Asus ROG brand is trendy among the masses. You can most certainly get the best features. We rate it 8.5 because of the very high price point.
2. MSI MEG Z390 ACE LGA1151
It is yet another board from MSI in this list by us. We cannot control ourselves because they make the best motherboards out there. The Z390 premium Intel chipset is for the expensive Intel i9 9900k processor. It supports the 9th gen CPUs right out of the box. The second premium option in this list is similar in features to the ASUS board. The cost is a little lower than the competition. Users get access to triple front USB 3.1 gen two and type C. It comes with a game boost button that gives you turbo features from the eight presets available on board. The DDR4 slots are also full of practical steel armors. The heatsinks also help in unique overclocking possibilities for the CPU.
- It comes with three X16 PCIe slots for expansion features.
- There are multiple fan headers on the board for effective heat dissipation through external options.
- The mystic light infinity feature is enjoyable for aesthetic purposes on the board.
- It has multiple RGB connectors, making it an excellent purchase for people with transparent front panel cases.
- The onboard Intel WiFI and Bluetooth reduce the need for expansion cards and external drivers.
- Access to Audio Boost HD technology gives you the best sound options.
- It comes with the KILLER E2500 Gigabit LAN technology.
- The PCIe steel armor ensures that the massive expansions don’t harm your motherboard.
- The large size of the motherboard requires a considerable tower PC.
- It has dual CPU power connectors, which draw a lot of power.
Buying rating – 9/10
The MSI boards are of high quality and bring the best features to the table. It is a sensible decision to invest in this premium product.
ITX Motherboard –
The option that we are covering here brings you the best of almost everything. You will find the price to be reasonable as well.
1. ASRock Motherboard (Z390M-ITX/AC)
ASRock is a great motherboard manufacturer that helps users to get the best results. We recommend that you try this option if you need a small build. The ITX motherboards are helpful for users who want to make a portable PC. Gaming PC builds these days are getting entirely customizable for our readers. We do not want to leave any possible avenues when it comes to motherboards. The Z390M motherboard supports both 8th gen and 9th gen Intel processors. You can expect performance right out of the box.
Here are some of the highlights of the small but proficient motherboard.
- It comes with support for 4000+ Mhz memory on board.
- There are six SATA 3 ports for 6Gbps fast storage.
- It has support for NVMe as well.
- It comes with two Gigabit Ethernet and Intel WiFi and Bluetooth.
- The port selections are not limited considering the small size with access to 4X USB 3.1 slots and 1X Type C port.
- It also has two HDMI slots on board with a DVI port.
- Only two ram slots are supporting 32GB maximum memory.
- It has little to no room for expansions.
Buying rating – 8/10
ITX is a relatively new form factor with expensive processors like the core i9. It is sensible for people who want a portable gaming pc for BYOC competitions. We recommend this to only hardcore computer modders.
It can be quite the task to find a motherboard for the perfect build. Through this article, we aim at helping you out in making the right decision. We hope the products that we cover here help to narrow down your list. The amazon links are available for your easy purchasing requirements. We guarantee that these pics will help you get the best results with your premium i9 9900k processor.