Graphics card is connected to the motherboard of computer systems to render an image to your monitor by transforming data into a signal that monitors can easily understand. With a better graphics card, you will see a clear and smooth image on your monitor. Particularly gamers and video editors are largely benefited with graphic cards for enhancing the 3D visualization effect. Are you familiar with the term Low Profile Graphics Card?
Why Are Low Profile Graphics Cards Preferred?
Low profile graphics cards usually come with a compact composition. This type of graphic card is particularly meant for PCs with small form factors like media center PCs. A low profile graphics card may be suitable for a single slot opposing normal GPU or it may be shorter than a typical GPU. Low profile graphics cards have retained a compact size compared to that integrated GPU.
The size has enabled it to produce better quality graphics for viewers. Low profile graphics cards have been designed to be power-efficient. These cards are designed for fitting perfectly within a slim PC case or 2U server chassis using a half-height-bracket. GPU acceleration is used as a technique for enabling CPU to transfer CPU applications to GPU for boosting efficiency and speed of those intensive applications. This process has proved to be effective for video editing. A low profile graphics card can be used to improve this GPU acceleration technique for enabling video editing software to work smoothly.
Facts to Remember Before Buying Low Profile Graphics Cards:
Low profile graphics cards are especially useful for video editors for enhancing GPU acceleration rather than gamers. If you are a video editor and don’t have a low profile graphics card order it today. Before purchasing, you need to keep in mind the following tips:
- If you want to buy high performance graphics card, you have to pay high.
- Before buying fix your preferences such as processor cores and proprietary technology. You better know what you exactly need.
- RAM of your device needs to be compatible with the graphics card. Otherwise, it won’t work.
- You require to buy a graphics card to prevent overheating on your computer system.
List Of Low Profile Graphics Cards:
Here we are giving you the details of some of the best graphics cards available for you. Reading their features, you can get an idea of what to buy. Just have a look at some of the best low profile graphics cards:
1. ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Low Profile 4GB GDDR5 Graphics Card
The recommended power supply for this card is 300 watt. It can endure a maximum of 75 Watts of power. It is quite heavier compared to the other graphics card.
- Vulkan API
- NVIDIA G Sync
- NVIDIA Ansel
- NVIDIA G Sync
- 4GB GDDR5 memory
- 768 CUDA cores
- PCI express 3.0
- 128-bit memory bus
- Engine clock (boost)- 1392 MHz, (base)- 1392 MHz
- NVIDIA GeForce driver
- OpenGL 4.5
- Microsoft DirectX 12
- It is compatible with all versions of Windows.
- It comes with simultaneous triple display capability.
- HDMI 2.0b, DisplayPort 1.4 and Dual-Link DVI can be connected with this graphics card.
2. EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC Gaming ACX 2.0(Single Fan) Graphics Card
- It comes with a real base clock of 1607 MegaHertZ and 1835 MegaHertZ boost clock.
- 6144MB GDDR5 memory of this graphic card enables it to capture 360-degree new image.
- EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC Gaming ACX 2.0(Single Fan) Graphics Card has reported to perform well.
- It has a dual slot width.
- Minimum 400 Watt power supply is required for its performance.
- All versions of Windows irrespective of 32 bit or 64 bit support this graphic card to be installed within system.
- 240 hertz is its maximum refresh rate.
- It comes with a memory bus width of 192bits.
- This graphic card is loaded with high-definition and innovative technology for gaming. Gamers can have a great experience of playing games with a clear picture of the gaming scenes.
Are you getting interested to have a low profile graphics card? If your computer system supports a low profile graphics card, don’t wait further. Order a low profile graphics card. Here are some better quality low profile graphics cards which you can try.
3. Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050 OC Low Profile 2 GB GDDR5 PCI-E Graphic Card
This 2GB low profile graphics card comes with a core clock of 1506 MHz for boost and 1392 MHz for a base in OC mode. You will be happy to learn that Gigabyte GTX 1050 graphics card supports up to four displays. Won’t you like to read its specifications? Just have a look at its features:
- This 167 mm graphics card occupies a little space and fits perfectly with thinner system.
- Gamers will easily tune this to meet different gaming requirements in spite of not having enough knowledge for overclocking.
- It shares flexible connectivity with dual-link DVI-D, two HDMI ports and one DP ports.
- This graphics card to carry energy longer than usual iron-core chokes.
- Better conductivity is ensured by ESR lower solid capacitors. Thus the graphics card gains the ability to perform well.
- Lower RDS (on) MOSFETs are particularly designed for producing low switching resistance. For this, Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050 OC Low Profile 2 GB GDDR5 PCI-E Graphic Card becomes capable of faster charging.
4. MSI Gaming Radeon RX 560 2 GB DirectX 12 VR Ready CFX Graphics Card
MSI gaming Radeon Graphics card comes with an AMD Radeon RX 560 chipset and 2 GB of video memory. It supports DisplayPort, DL-DVI-D and HDMI ports. Minimum 400 Watts is its requirement for power supply. It comes with solid capacitors which enable this card to perform in higher efficiency.
- It is designed with an aluminium core for higher stability.
- MSI gaming Radeon graphics card has 8GB HBM2 memory.
- You can play across multiple screens by installing it into your system for AMD Eyefinity. Gaming experience will be if you play games with this card in your computer system.
- Another significant feature is that multiple GPU setups are supported by this graphics card.
- Its predator is capable enough for video recording at the time of playing games.
You have a user guide if you face any problem regarding the installation process.
5. EVGA GeForce GT 730 2 GB Low Profile Graphics Card
With faster video editing and web browsing, EVGA GeForce GT 730 2 GB Low Profile Graphics Card will enable you to enjoy videos and pictures. Its cooler design comes with cooler design fans which you can replace, clean and even remove if you want. You will also get polymer caps in black color, fuser protection, and VRM cooling to keep away extra heat from your system.
- It is designed with NVIDIA PhysX technology.
- This EVGA graphics card supports PCI Express 2.0, OpenGL 4.4, Microsoft DirectX 12 API (level 11_0).
- EVGA GeForce GT 730 2 GB Low Profile Graphics Card features NVIDIA adaptive vertical sync.
- NVIDIA HD Technology enables you to watch full HD quality video.
- Maximum refresh rate of this graphics card is 240 Hz.
- 300 Watts or higher power supply is required for this graphics card to perform well.
6. ZOTAC GeForce GT 1030 2 GB GDDR5 64-bit Low Profile Graphic Card
- You can get a great opportunity to edit your photos and videos if it is there in your system.
- It is designed with a 70 mm (2.76IN) low profile bracket for fitting it within your system.
- This graphics card features the following:
- Vulkan API
- NVIDIA Gameworks
- GeForce Experience
- NVIDIA GPU Boost 3.0
- Game ready Drivers
- It comes with PCI Express 3.0, 64-bit memory bus and 2 GB GDDR5 memory.
- 300 Watts is the minimum power supply requirement.
- It is compatible with software like NVIDIA GeForce Driver, OpenCL, Microsoft DirectX 12, OpenGL 4.5.
- ZOTAC GeForce GT 1030 2 GB GDDR5 64-bit Low Profile Graphic Card is capable of dual display.
- There is no risk of overheating.
7. MSI GTX 1050 TI 4GT Low Profile Graphics Card
You can get an idea of its performance from the following specifications:
- MSI GTX 1050 TI 4GT Low Profile Graphics Card comes with 1392 MHz memory-clock speed.
- 128 bits is its memory bus width.
- DisplayPort, Dual-link DVI-D, and HDMI ports are supported by this graphics card.
- It comes with a 4GB GDDR5 video memory.
8. EVGA GT 710 1 GB DDR3 Single Slot Low Profile Graphics Card
The last one in this list is EVGA GT 710 Low Profile Card. It comes with 1GB memory and DDR3 slot which distinguishes this card for the rest on this list. Here are its features.
- Its memory bit width is 64 bit. You can enjoy faster performance than an integrated graphics once you install this low profile graphics card in your system.
- The stability of this graphics card is ensured by NVIDIA drivers.
- It comes with a memory speed of 1600 MHz.
- EVGA GT 710 1 GB DDR3 Single Slot Low Profile Graphics Card has 100 bits memory bus width.
It is built with the latest drivers to optimize the game settings in your device. If you cannot afford a higher price, you can go for this one.
It may seem a little bit confusing to choose a single one after reading all these specifications of all the low profile graphics cards on this list. You need to be determined with your demands before going to buy a graphics card. Most importantly, you require deciding on which purpose you will use this card. If you are a video editor, you can purchase ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Low Profile 4GB GDDR5 Graphics Card. Although it is costly than others on this list, it performs well and most of the video editors prefer it for its features.
For gaming, you can choose any of these graphics cards. Still, MSI Gaming Radeon RX 560 2 GB DirectX 12 VR Ready CFX Graphics Card is probably the best graphics card for gamers. We can assure that you will enjoy gameplay with clear pictures. You will feel that you are part of the gaming reality once you install this graphic card in your device. If your concern is hardware components, Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050 OC Low Profile 2 GB GDDR5 PCI-E Graphic Card is the best. In regard to hardware durability, other graphics card never beat this one. We have suggested you something but it is not the end. The choice of a low profile graphics card entirely depends upon you. For further queries, you can leave a comment.