Technology advancement has taken place with immense speed in today’s developing world and this speed has been continuously taken care of by the motherboard. A motherboard in a computing system is similar to the cerebellum of the human brain, which acts as an internal control and communication center of the device. It is the first part of the system that receives power and the last part that turns off. Companies all over the world have had to spend more amounts on motherboard development than on developing new technologies for gaming.
Points to Keep in Mind While Buying the Best Gaming Motherboards:
Choosing a top-quality motherboard for gaming is an important factor for the long run and faster speed. Thanks to the reputed brands found in the market that provides stability to your PC and games. Hopefully, in this guide, I will specify the vital factors while you select the appropriate brand.
- Best Gaming Monitors Under $200
- Best Routers for Gaming in 2020
- RAM– Your CPU always needs to store the data on your computers. All PCs are built with 4GB RAM, and it is recommended to purchase 8GB RAM for many users. In a motherboard, you will see 2-8 slots to add RAM. More slots give you the chance to install more RAM, but for gaming, it is advisable to purchase 16GB RAM, whereas 32 GB RAM is more than enough for tasks & games. However, with the 2 slots, you can also install 32GB RAM for gaming.
- Sockets and Ports- Computers use AM4 and LGA1151 standard sockets for gaming. There are also different sockets such as TR4 or LGA2066, but the above two sockets are considered best for PC gaming. IT has long durability and is compatible with Ryzen & Core CPUs.
- Storage and Chipset– When it comes to setup, your chipset must have AMD Crossfire & Nvidia SLI designed for GPUs and Intel Optane for storage. It is important to select the right chipset and socket for your PC.
- Computers have different chipsets that are compatible with your system. So it is recommended to buy the high-end AMD chips for PC gaming. But for the mainstream gamers, they only installed a single graphic card with few drives. You can get all the features you are looking for in a good chipset.
- Form Factor- Motherboards are available in various sizes and the bigger size motherboard supports many components of PC. ATX motherboards are comparatively smaller than the former one, and it has more slots.
- PCI Slots- PCI Slots is a port that is placed on a motherboard. Plan for a suitable motherboard that meets your PC gaming requirements with a speed of PCI express x 16 slots or more to connect various cards.
Brief Information About Gaming Mother Boards:
Have you ever wondered why the same game has a different speed and looks on different systems? Upgrade your motherboard first and then upgrade other parts of your system. Remember, a strong foundation is necessary to build a stable house. The motherboard is an essential component that runs your PC gaming faster and more secure. Usually, motherboards support a limited speed or store certain drives.
Now, your PC gaming will be supported with the best gaming motherboards that fit your wallet and run with a better performance. The First Motherboard that supported computer games was invented in the late 1980s and the early 1990s. This belonged to the first PC that was used to play games. Since then the development of motherboards has taken place as per gaming requirements and upgraded features have been added without pause.
List Of Best Gaming Motherboards:
Based on your requirements and preferences for PC gaming, here is a list of best gaming motherboards for your system:
1. ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming
ASRock is a bit expensive with its high-end features that support your overclocking processor and the increasing speed up to 4,300MHz. It is compatible with AMD Crossfire and Nvidia SLI motherboards available in the market.
- ASRock is built with the Intel Z390 chipset.
- It has a maximum capacity of 32GB.
- 1 x PCI-Express 3.0 x 16 slots available.
- Refundable within 30 days in case of any damage.
- It has HDMI DisplayPort for graphics output.
- It supports creative sound with its 7.1 CH HD Audio.
2. Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
Gigabyte Z390 is an affordable motherboard that consists of high speed for your system. It comes with 3 M.2 PCIe slots to run your PC gaming with a faster speed and connecting several graphic cards such as 2-way Nvidia SLI & 3-way AMD Crossfire. Z390 gives brighter resolution and RGB headers (2) enable to control of other PC components. It is supplied with all the essential features available in Asus and MSI motherboards.
- Gigabyte is built with advanced thermal design to give a cooling effect to your PC.
- Infused with RGB Fusion 2.0 that supports RGB LED strips.
- Long durability design and support various graphics.
- This model has Smart Fan 5 that controls the temperature of CPUs.
- It supports the 9 and 8 Intel core processors.
- It is built with dual-channel, 4DIMMs, and Intel Optane memory.
- It is a thermal design with a Direct Touch heat pipe to keep the system cool.
- There are WIMA audio capacitors to produce better sound performance.
- This product comes with in-built Wi-Fi and RGB fusion.
3. Asus ROG Maximus XI Code
Asus can support any Intel processor, and 2 NVMe drivers, several graphic cards as well as 64 GB memory can be loaded. It is a reputed brand with in-built liquid-cooling blocks for the stability of your PC.
4. Gigabyte B360 Aorus Gaming 3
Gigabyte is a full-sized motherboard that is cost-effective and does not support your processor from overclocking like Z390. But, you can install 2 NVMe SSDs to store quickly. However, this model is built with Wi-Fi support extensively used for PC gaming.
5. Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme
Gigabyte X570 is the 3rd generation of Ryzen processors. It is the latest model with AMD-centric rig and designed with an AM4 socket to support more counts & power demands of the processors. X570 is a spectacle to hold more RGB lighting on your system and AMD in-built with a high-end feature.
6. Gigabyte X570 Gaming X
Gigabyte has the potential to support the latest processors manufactured by Ryzen. It is affordable with a low price tag and has a high RGB resolution with essential features like PCIe 4.0 x 16 slot and M.2 PCIe 4.0 slots for new Navi graphics cards.
7. MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus
MSI is an expensive motherboard best suited for gaming. It helps to generate a maximum speed up to 4,400MHz and supports overclocking of the memory.
- It is the latest brand that integrates all gaming modes, live updates and voice boost with a better interface.
- Mystic Light is controlled with a single click and compatible with the Rainbow LED strip and RGB.
- It is structured with a patented fan & two ball bearings that provide high performance for serious gamers.
- Supports DDR4 memory and 2nd /3rd generation AMD Ryzen graphics.
- It has audio boost technology to enhance the sound quality for an immersive experience.
8. Asus ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)
Asus ROG is a potential and efficient motherboard that supports overclocking of the processor. It supports dual-channel DDR4, GPUs, and PCIe 4.0 SSDs memory. X570 gives better lighting to your PC.
Best Gaming MotherBoards: Specification Analysis
|ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming||2.2lbs||Supports 9&8 Intel processors||4.8|
|Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra||3lbs||8/9 Intel core processors||4.4|
|MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus||2.2lbs||Compatible with 2& 3 generation processors||4.3|
|Gigabyte B360 Aorus Gaming 3||3lbs||Supports 8&9 Generation Intel Core processors||4.1|
|Asus ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)||5.7lbs||Compatible with 2 & 3rg generation AMD Ryzen processors.||4.0|
|Asus ROG Maximus XI Code||6.15lbs||9/8 generation Intel core processor||4.0|
|Gigabyte X570 Gaming X||3lbs||Supports 2 & 3rd generation graphics processors||3.9|
|Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme||2.2lbs||Supports 2 and 3rd generation Ryzen processors||2.6|
Recommendations for making motherboards long-lasting
Gamers are practically technology freaks and spend lots of money on buying hardware and software so that they are able to play games better. However, it is necessary for them to take care of each part of the system at all times so that they are able to make proper use of the money that has been spent by them. This leads to the discussions of the ways in which the motherboard of a system can be taken care of and made long lasting. To set up your PC with the best motherboard is a genuinely most important task that fits in your budget.
The motherboard is the main foundation of the PC, that gives potential while using and optimizing every single performance. Even, the motherboards support in overclocking processors while gaming. Motherboards should handle with great attention as they are fragile and may to lead crush or damage your PC. For long durability, you must prevent your system from scratches and the Intel socket. Some manufacturers come up with the best motherboards that have some special features as compared to other models available in the market. However, long lasting generally depends on the quality and brand of the motherboard.
NOTE: The worst enemy of the motherboard is dirt and dust. Ensure that your motherboard is safe from dirt and dust as it leads to heating of the unit and it collapses with time. Clean and maintain your system regularly to increase the life of the motherboard.
Ans: You will find different brands of motherboards in the market, but in my opinion, there are few AMD motherboards for gaming such as-
- Asus ROG Maximus XI Code
- Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
- Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme
Ans: It is very important to choose the overall quality of the motherboard that fits in your budget as well as meet every single requirement of your PC. Here is a list of few best budget motherboards for gaming-
- ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming
- Gigabyte X570 Gaming X
- MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus
- Gigabyte B360 Aorus Gaming 3
Ans: Motherboards are constructed with multi-layers, which literally mean there are 2 copper layers or more. It means it has to carry the whole process of PC gaming many times.
Ans: Motherboards are very important as they supply the connectivity between the Storage, networks, RAM, CPU, and GPU. So, without the setup of a motherboard, everything is quite impossible.
All kinds of the motherboard are fine and well suited for PC gaming mentioned on the list. It’s all about your budget to purchase a high quality motherboard for better performance and long durability. ‘Take a wise decision!’ Choose X570 or Z390 motherboards as they are best models irrespective of its AMD & Intel Chipsets. There are also brands enlisted above that make a solid build to an extent level and helps in supporting processors from overclocking. Serious gamers always try to pick the MSI MPG X570 gaming Plus motherboard for running smooth games on their PC.