Are you a gaming freak? If you love spending more hours on a PC, it’s time to try the Best FPS mouse in 2020. Read on to explore more. The FPS mouse acts as the most critical weapon when it comes to the gaming arsenal. The best FPS mouse presents vital actions in the PC games. With just a click, you can get noticeable results. The computer mouse will enable the user to click, move the cursor, and keep scrolling.
They are responsive, reliable, powered with acceleration, and comfort to help in controlling the games. All you require is the best FPS mouse rather than the regular mouse. Be ready to unlock the gaming PC’s full potential when you have the power of a suitable speedy mouse. There are plenty of computer mice from which you can find the right one. But, we have suggested the handpicked mice after going through the specifications.
Our article is based on Best FPS Mouse Reviews. There are no problems with acceleration throwing off your aim. You will also get a nicely designed position and buttons for giving key binds.
Best FPS Mouse 2020 – Specifications, Pros & Cons
In this section, you will get all information about our handpicked gaming mice.
1. HyperX Pulsefire FPS Pro – Gaming Mouse
HyperX Pulse fire FPS Pro is well designed for gamers. It’s perfectly designed for pro and newbies alike. You’ll also get the ergonomically comfortable gaming mouse with high performance. The availability of the Pixel 3389 sensor in this best FPS mouse gives accuracy and precision up to 16, 000 DPI. There’s an availability of cool LED RGB light with over 16 million colors.
So, now get the convenience of choosing from the range of mouse designs. You can match your gaming style by using this quality mouse. The availability of 6 programmable buttons marks the striking difference that can be customized to your needs. The Omron switches provide crisp, tactile feedback. The availability of Extra-large skates gives the Pulse fire FPS Pro. You will also get the smooth, controlled gliding for tracking and flicking with ease.
It comes with the easy-to-use software that allows you to get personalized results. With the compatible models and ingenuity, you’ll get the facility of setting up lighting and effects. It will also assist the gamer in creating and storing macros. You can now adjust mouse DPI settings, customize game mode, and monitor battery life with the adjusted audio.
The software hails with a library of game profiles. It will also present the Pixar pmw3389- resolution with up to 16, 000 dpi. The marked DPI presets are 800/ 1600/ 3200. Again, dpi- speed is 450ips.
- Weight: 3.2 ounces
- Dimensions: 5 x 1.6 x 2.8 inches
- Connectivity type: 2.4GHz wired
- Sensitivity: 16, 000 DPI
- Comfortable ergonomic design with the six programmable buttons
- Easy customization when you get the availability of HyperX Ingenuity software
- Onboard memory will provide flexibility to store customizations
- Enhanced Material quality and durability
- The buttons are cheap and stiff.
- The sensor appears to have a problem with random tracking issues.
2. Corsair Nightsword RGB, Performance Tunable FPS/MOBA Gaming Mouse
With this FPS mouse, you’ll get the smart and tunable weight and precise calibration. The package comes with two sets of weights and six mounting locations. Overall, it provides 120 different weight and balanced configurations. CORSAIR-exclusive software makes this device a flexible one to automatically detect the mouse’s center of gravity. You can get real-time monitoring for adjustment of the weight between 119g and 141g. It will also help to fine-tune balance to fit your grip.
You will get the utmost comfort with a contoured shape that naturally fits your hand. The availability of high-performance rubber grips is alike to pro sports equipment. Be ready to go ahead with the skill shots and stay zeroed-in on with the targets. Total sensitivity customization and ultra-accurate tracking are now available at your fingertips with the Pixart PMW3391 optical sensor helping to adjust in 1 DPI resolution steps.
CORSAIR mice are like an extension of the arm. The NIGHTSWORD RGB hails with custom weight tuning to truly give a new level of gaming. The OMRON switches are extremely durable and rated for 50 million clicks. The availability of vivid dynamic lighting control, lighting synchronization, and sophisticated macro programming comes with compatible CORSAIR peripherals, coolers, fans, to name a few.
You can get the flexibility to adjust weight between 115G and 137G. It presently comes with over 100 different configurations. So, be ready to get exclusive benefits with Corsair CUE software.
- Weight: 4 ounces
- Dimensions: 5.1 x 3.4 x 1.7 inches
- Connectivity type: Wired
- Sensitivity: 18, 000 DPI
- Corsair exclusive software helps with the automatic detection of the centre of gravity in real-time.
- The custom PixArt PMW3391 native 18, 000 DPI optical sensor will give comfort to the user for total sensitivity customization and ultra-accurate tracking
- Ten fully programmable buttons will provide the game advantage of powerful macros as well as key Remaps
- According to some users, the software is bad and continually keeps telling us to update the firmware.
3. Corsair M65 Elite – FPS Gaming Mouse
This mouse is one of CORSAIR’s most advanced FPS gaming mice. You can also get the premium aluminum frame for proven durability. It will keep assisting you for a lifetime of gaming. A state of the art precision 18, customizable in single DPI steps, and 000 DPI optical sensor, will provide personalized precision to match styles of playing. You’ll also get a tunable weight system allowing you to adjust the weight from 97G to 115G.
The mouse comes loaded with extras, including multi-zone RGB lighting, onboard profile storage, a Sniper button, and fully programmable Corsair iCUE software. The availability of Premium Durable Anodized Aluminum Frame is completely built to withstand a lifetime of gaming.
Availability of the Fully Programmable Buttons Will assists the gamers with the ability to remap or assign custom macros. Moreover, the precision Sniper Button is ergonomically placed to instantly reduce sensitivity for crucial shots.
The availability of the Primary Clicks (B+) feature makes the entire device quite responsive. Materials and Build Quality (A) is a standard feature. The smooth plastic, coarse plastic on the sides, as well as the aluminum on the bottom will give fantastic experience.
The Scroll Wheel (B+) displays properties like light scroll resistance. Moreover, you can rest assured that the click resistance is light and the wheel has the availability of pleasant rubber tread. Mouse Feet (B+) is smooth, and presents fast glide, but with moderate noise. Snappy and tracking is outstanding, which becomes a joy to use!
- Weight: 3.36 ounces
- Dimensions: 4.6 x 3 x 1.5 inches
- Connectivity type: Wired
- Sensitivity: 18, 000 DPI
- Availability of enhanced Durability
- Easy to clean mouse
- The ergonomic designs are perfect for gaming
- Prolonged battery life
- The RGB is beautiful and comes with lots of options.
- With this mouse, you won’t get access to internals.
5. Razer Basilisk Gaming Mouse
The Razer Basilisk comes with industry-leading performance. it presents some groundbreaking ergonomics, precision, accuracy, and comfort. The availability of advanced Razer 5G Optical Sensor is of esports-grade. With this mouse, you will get 16,000 DPI and tracking at 450 IPS.
Razer Synapse in this best FPS Razer mouse will give you tailored gaming experience with programmable buttons. It will personalize your style through 16.8 million colors. Now it’s the time to complete setup with a Razer keyboard, mouse mat, and headset.
Enjoy the ultimate gaming experience when you can take FPS skills to the next level. The Razer Basilisk boats with the most advanced optical sensor and features like a dial for customizing scroll wheel resistance.
There are also removable DPI clutches that make the Razer Basilisk provide the feeling of ultimate FPS gaming. You can get the excellent on-the-fly sensitivity and adjustment with the help of dedicated DPI buttons (that are reprogrammable) for gaming.
The Customizable Chroma RGB Color Profiles come with the 16.8 million colour combinations that are included preset profiles. Availability of quick DPI Toggle works as the replaceable side button. It makes the mouse flexible for the different hand sizes. So, you will get the quick, temporary switching to lower sensitivity settings. Everything together will work for instant sniping.
You can also get the personalized Scroll Wheel Resistance that will allow scrolling in a clicky and smooth manner. The best gaming mouse for FPS 2020 will also assist in proper reconfiguration and assignment of complex macro functions.
- Weight: 8.5 ounces
- Dimensions: 4.8 x 3 x 1.6 inches
- Connectivity type: Wired
- Sensitivity: 16, 000 DPI
- The availability of Durable Mechanical Switches will always give you up to 50 million clicks.
- The availability of 2-year warranty ensures that you can use it for a long time in a hassle-free manner.
- The mouse fails to work smoothly at times.
5. Swiftpoint Z Gaming Mouse
This mouse is a mark of the gaming revolution. It presents vivid functionality with the Pivot Tilt and Roll. So, when you use this mouse during playing games, it behaves like a Joystick, Console, and Mouse. Swiftpoint Z is the first piece that has the availability of features to pivot, tilt, and roll. So, when you use this, you can get the brand new way of clicking buttons. It will give access to dozens of different button actions. You won’t have to keep moving your fingers.
Swiftpoint Z also has the capability to sense how hard you click. It will give you all the overall benefits to get variable speed/force control, as well as provides tactile feedback. It will also give you the information when you make a ‘deeper click’. The mouse will give you all the benefits of the built-in Accelerometer, Gyroscope, and Force Sensor & Tactile Feedback. These features make it a more precise and highly intuitive mouse.
The Power of Deep Click will give you the direct throttle or speed control. You can also choose to right-click and bring up scope. You can click deeper to zoom in. It’s a suitable mouse for light and heavy attacks. You can use a normal click when you want a light attack, or click harder for a heavy attack.
The main buttons are flat, which assists in creating a stable platform. There are no problems with nudging the mouse while clicking. You’ll get the benefits of the Z that fits your hand perfectly. You can make choices of the fingertip and the trigger button caps.
- Weight: 4.2 ounces
- Dimensions: 3.5 x 5.1 x 1.6 inches
- Connectivity type: Wired
- Sensitivity: 200 – 12,000 DPI
- You can get the support of operating the trigger buttons under the index and middle fingers in two ways.
- You can also adjust the height of the buttons by selecting between taller or shorter button caps.
- You can also reverse the button caps so that the contact point can be moved backward or forwards.
- Software isn’t up to the mark
6. Redragon M711-FPS Cobra FPS Optical Switch
This mouse comes with a range of specifications for gaming. The customized DPI Switch mode 1 range between specifications like 1000/2000/4000/8000/12000. So, you can adjust the mode via the buttons of the mouse. Again, you can customize DPI Switch mode 2 freely from 100 to 24000 via programming software. The Polling Rate is up to 1000 Hz. It is switchable among the modes like 125HZ/250HZ/500HZ/1000HZ (where the default is 500HZ). You will also get the 7 out of 9 buttons that are customizable.
The tracking system is Optical. The Interface is USB 2.0 with full speed. 3.0. The1.8M braided-fiber cable aids in terms of connection. The package includes a 1 X Redragon M711-FPS Gaming Mouse along with the 1 X User Manual. With this device, you can rest assured with the Advanced Pixart 3360 optical gaming sensor. This sensor delivers exceptional tracking accuracy, precise targeting, and high-speed maneuverability across the entire 100 to 24,000 DPI range.
Availability of 12000FPS, 50G ACC, 1000HZ polling rate, makes it perfect for FPS games. So, you will get the completely equipped optical switches (LK), that are durable up to 50 million clicks. The levels will meet your multiple needs. The availability of the 5 memory modes gives the convenience of setting it up and storing one-trigger custom commands.
You will get superior productivity and efficiency for meeting with all your gaming needs. You’ll also get 5 memory profiles with a dedicated light color. So, you will get quick identification and 16-Million Color backlight ‘breathing’. So, be ready to get excellent ambient light and set the unique gaming atmosphere.
- Weight: 8.5 ounces
- Dimensions: 5.0 x 2.6 x 1.6 inches
- Connectivity type: Wired
- Sensitivity: 1000, 2000, 4000, 8000, 12000 adjustable DPI
- The mouse is an excellent one for die-hard gamers with its aggressive design for hands!
- It presents unmatched comfort, lethal accuracy, and killer precision
- It will deliver excellence in terms of targeting, aiming, slashing, or attacking.
- The software is a bit troublesome.
7. ASUS ROG Gladius II
This mouse is specially designed for eSports and diehard gaming fans. It comes with high-end specifications like 12000 DPI Optical, 50G Acceleration, and 250 IPS sensors. Moreover, the availability of the Aura Sync-enabled ROG Gladius II Origin will provide comfort across for numerous grip types.
This mouse comes with the ASUS exclusive push-fit socket design making it quick and easy for next-level gaming customization. You will also get the RGB lighting in 3 different zones. The USB wired optical gaming mouse has swappable Omron switches along with push-socket design.
The availability of ROG Armoury software is designed for dominating the competition with gaming-grade sensors. The availability of 12,000 DPI optical sensors provides accuracy and precision.
The mouse now hails with 50 million click switches as well as ROG-exclusive push-fit switch. It will give the convenience of easily changing switches to vary click resistance. You’ll also get the added benefit of replacing worn or broken switches thus extending the lifespan of the mouse.
The availability of detachable cable design comes with two cable types and a ROG pouch. The aggressive aesthetics and ASUS Aura RGB lighting in this best gaming mouse for FPS is a mark of remarkable technology. The Sync-enabled models will fulfill your expectations of the battle station.
The separate button design of the best gaming mouse for FPS will come with the requirement of less actuation force, thus delivering faster responses. You’ll get a flexible grip with the rubber side panels and Mayan-inspired design. The secure and comfortable grip won’t disturb you while playing.
- Weight: 9.6 ounces
- Dimensions: 5.5 x 2.8 x 8.7 inches
- Connectivity type: Wired
- Sensitivity: 12, 000 DPI
- Easy customization of buttons and easy to use interface favors performance and lighting settings
- You can play the games at lightning-fast speeds
- Maneuverability becomes a bit hectic.
Before buying an FPS Mouse, you’ve to consider certain parameters. Have a look below.
Factors to Consider Before Buying the Best FPS Mouse:
Gamers enjoy the gaming experience when they have a high-quality mouse that fits playing style and comfort to use. Using the regular mouse to play games, won’t give the same experience as a gaming mouse. The gaming mouse displays unique features that separate it from a regular mouse. Improved software to customize tweaking and supportive interface for both high DPI cum CPIA lets the best gaming mice FPS become better than the regular mice. Moreover, a gaming mouse uses sensors to keep up with faster movements.
- Playing styles: The gaming mouse requirements are dependent on the type of game you play. You’ll get plenty of features that will match playing styles. FPS gamers require additional buttons which can be available with an only gaming mouse. They also come with alternative functions and macros to focus on accuracy and quick tracking.
- Sensor type: The choice of the best sensor is dependent upon the gaming experience and personal preference. With this high-end mouse, you’ll get the availability of laser and optical sensors. The laser has the ability to provide users with a reactive sensor while an optical mouse does not exhibit lag.
- Wired or wireless system: Initially, wireless mice were ineligible for providing responsiveness in terms of high speed, octane, and reactive games. With improved technology, you’ll now get wireless gaming mice that will match the standards of a wired setup. Wireless gaming mice are expensive compared to the wired.
- Dots and counts per inch: The size of your screen determines the appropriate DPI. A larger screen requires a higher DPI mouse for more significant mouse movement on the screen per inch. With such a mouse, you will get a vivid gaming experience. CPI refers to the physical resolution of the camera in the mice sensors. Both the CPI and DPI helps to determine the sensitivity of the mouse. A gaming mouse with a wide range of sensitivity improves the gaming experience.
- Weight: The weight is a vital parameter to determine the ability to enjoy the required gaming style. Gamers who flick the mouse around will have to consider weight. Usually, the high emf gaming mice have adjustable weights depending on the choices of the user’s playing style.
- Grip: Gamers usually use fingertip, claw, or palm grip styles for the desired gaming experience. Mouse grip style is essential for determining the weight and shape of the gaming mouse. You must look for the one that is most comfortable.
Why Do You Need an FPS Gaming Mouse?
Using a talking mouse will give you significant benefits over a regular mouse. An FPS gaming mouse has a good DPI/Sensitivity. They have higher DPI (dots per inch) thus providing better sensitivity. The responsiveness (Polling Rate) you’ll get with a taking mouse will never be offered by a regular mouse. The polling rate, measured by Hertz in a gaming mouse is a high one to increase playability.
An FPS gaming mouse has more buttons than a regular mouse. The ton of different buttons can have a steep learning curve. When you have such a huge number of buttons, you’ll surely get better opportunities for monitoring the games. The main advantage of a gaming mouse, as opposed to a regular mouse, is ergonomics. You won’t ever get much comfort with a regular mouse. A regular mouse won’t give the comfort and ease of use in mind. The modern-day gaming mice are well known for their grip. Even if you are using the gaming mouse just for regular activities, you will achieve better comfort.
The best lightweight FPS mouse is usually made from high-grade materials than a regular mouse. They will last for a long time when you invest in them. Moreover, a gaming mouse will give the user the ability to customize the mouse buttons. Will it, you can get the option to change the buttons around to match the gaming technique. You can upgrade the firmware of a gaming mouse whenever needed which isn’t even possible with the regular mouse. The plethora of options you’ll get with a gaming mouse will surely be convenient.
1Q. Does an FPS gaming mouse make a difference in gaming?
Ans: When you’re using a “gaming” mouse, you’ll get the advantages in various ways. Though it does not necessarily give any direct advantage, yet many buttons geared toward FPS gamers will give significant advantages. But for that, it’s mandatory for the user to learn about how to control the buttons. Only then they can qualify in “gaming” in any specific way.
2Q. Is 1000 DPI good for gaming without further problems?
Ans: High-DPI mice are useful along with a higher-resolution monitor. When you’re choosing to play a game on a low-resolution 1366×768 laptop, you won’t require that high DPI. But, in case the screen isn’t that upgraded when you move your mouse one inch (2.54 cm), you’ll see that the mouse cursors will move 1000 pixels.
3Q. Are cheap gaming mice that fall within the nominal range good?
Ans: Cheap gaming mice in 2020 are cheap only in terms of their price and not the features. Some of the high-end mice as mentioned above have great options for gamers. Besides, they also backed with excellent performance and accuracy. You’ll also get some significantly upgraded models that fall below $50.
4Q. What DPI is needed by pro gamers?
Ans: Most pro players choose to use a DPI setting within 400-to-800. DPI refers to the number of dots per second your mouse registers while you are moving it. Based on that understanding, the higher the DPI, the higher is the accuracy of tracking.
5Q. Why are some of the gaming mice so expensive?
Ans: Design and marketing definitely add up to the sum. Commercials and ads for these high end models are quite expensive. Moreover, a good gaming mouse undergoes research, takes time and effort for testing. This is the major reason as to why gaming mice are pricey.
6Q. Do pro gamers get required results using low sensitivity?
Ans: The wrist will provide more accuracy and precision than aiming with the arm. The arm allows fast turns and aims with low sensitivity. In this regard, if you use a mouse with high sensitivity, you’ll get better results. So, it’s recommended even for the pro arm aimers to use a mouse with high sensitivity. Though the mouse does not directly improve your aim, yet it will give the opportunity of excelling in their performance.
Our review is based completely on the reviews of both the new and pro gamers. Moreover, we have conducted enough research on choosing the gaming mice to give a good feel for build quality, button placement, and shape. While setting our opinion, we also consider the aspects of mouse design. The above-listed mice have earned valuable reviews regarding tracking performance, jitter, angle snapping, acceleration, and perfect control speed.
Now it’s time to mention two of the most special models from our list. The best FPS mouse in terms of performance and other specifications is Corsair M65 Elite – FPS Gaming Mouse while the budget-friendly option is the Redragon M711-FPS Cobra FPS Optical Switch.
Each of these models will give you consistency while gaming without affecting the experience.