Are you looking to build an intense gaming or graphic processing PC? Then we bring you B450 motherboards that have taken the industry by a storm! With exceptional capabilities, robust performance, and enticing features, almost everyone wants to buy one.
If you’re looking to buy a B450, then you should know that it was introduced to support the second generation of AMD Ryzen Processor. However, the high-end features that you could only find in X-470 motherboards also became accessible. As a result? You can now build a competent gaming PC at fairly mid-range pricing, without investing extensively.
Similar to any other motherboard chipset, there is now a plethora of options for a b450 motherboard. We’ve worked diligently to compare the feature with the help of professional experts to bring you a compelling list. With successive customer experience, these are the best b450 motherboards that you should consider.
1. Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming Motherboard (ATX)
This is a motherboard that can support up to 64 GB of DDR4 RAM for high speed and seamless gaming experience. This ASUS ROG Strix B450 comes with AMD Ryzen AM4 and 7th Gen Athlon Processor. For impeccable gaming customization, you have 5-way optimization with assets such as Auto Tuning, Fan Xpert 4, and much more.
Thus, the OC performance with robust cooling ensures an uninterruptible gaming experience. If aesthetics appeal to you, it comes with RGB lighting setups that allow you to attach these lights for a vibrant appeal. ROG is a dominant industry in the gaming world, and this is evident with such a high-performing motherboard.
Additionally, you get eight-channel HD Audio with SupremeFX technology from Japan. Sonic Rada, Sonic Studio, and other latest platforms are provided. It supports Windows Operating System 10 in 64 bits. For maximum connectivity, the latest additions such as USB 3.1 gen2, gigabit LAN and NVMe M.2 are also available in the model.
AI Suite 3 makes it easy for you to enhance the performance of the ultimate gaming experience. Apart from the highly detailed sound output, you also get the option to install water-cooling fans for best cooling. The motherboard’s design reduces the temperature for extended performance every gamer needs.
- It comes with a sleek I/O shield with a matte finish for aesthetic appeal.
- Has RGB lightning addition options.
- Completely customizable and supports a wide range of components with the latest processors.
- Cyber-text pattern and many other appealing designs for high-tech appeal.
- It does not come with SLI, which can be a big let down for certain gamers.
- Does not have a built-in Wifi option. Requires separate installation.
2. ASRock B450 Steel Legend Socket AM4/ AMD
Here is a b450 motherboard that comes ready with Ryzen 3,000. If not, then you can update the BIOS immediately. It is a highly affordable motherboard that will deliver performance even if you lack funds to invest in other components. Thus, this is a complete package in itself that is user-friendly to customize and build over time with new component additions efficiently.
It comes with vibrant digital print for appeal and RGB support that leaves a pleasing impression. The Digi power design also allows you to add water cooling units in the CPU for optimum performance. Bios is convenient to handle with built-in performance and commands that eliminate the requirement for background functioning.
Overall, it is a great all-round board that allows you to have customization options. While the built-in RGB might not be efficient, you can easily install separate tools and applications to support any function of your PC. This flexibility distinguishes the motherboard from others on the list.
It comes with an AMD Promontory chipset that supports Windows 10 64-bit. You get six PCI-Express 3.0 slots and 4x PCI Express 2.0 slots. There are 6 SATA3 options with 1 Ultra M.2 and 1 M.2 prospect. For the price range, this is one of the best motherboards you can get that requires minimum investment.
- User-friendly and flexible in customization
- Budget-friendly with a minimal investment requirement
- Supports Ryzen 3000 and other latest versions
- Completely customizable with third-party apps and tools
- Supports water cooling fan systems for exceptional temperature maintenance
- RBG over the heat sink is too bright for LED lights, and the built-in RGB controls are not efficient.
- May require BIOS update to work with the latest Ryzen processors, rams, and other components.
3. Gigabyte B450M DS3H
Gigabyte is known for its manufacturing impeccable budget-friendly motherboards. This one also comes with the same trust and credibility of the Gigabyte. Compatible with AMD MIStore technology, you get the 1st gen and 2nd gen Ryzen processor support with Gigabyte B450M DS3H!
For uninterruptible connectivity, it comes with six 3.1 and eight 2.0 USB ports to meet all of your requirements. Its Micro ATX Form Factor makes it user-friendly and open for customization. Thus, you can make it compact and build it as you go every day.
There is RGB Fusion technology that offers around six different streams of colors for your LED lights. With smart Fan 5 control, the temperature of the system is consistently optimized for gaming brilliance. You also get DVI-D and HDMI output to support multiple monitors at once.
Each component in the motherboard is highly durable and backed by the premium quality of the brand. It is the most inexpensive b450 motherboard that you can get your hands on. However, the only drawback might be the lack of an additional fan connectivity option, which might lead you to rely on external sources.
- Comes with four ram slots for exceptional memory enhancement.
- Very user-friendly and ‘build as you go’ design.
- Space in component installation for temperature regulation and prevent obstruction.
- Comes with all of the standard b450 connectivity options and features
- BIOS require an update to work with the latest Ryzen components and RAMs
- Fans require you to rely on existential sources for cooling
4. MSI Performance Gaming AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Gen
Brace yourself, because MSI is going to astonish you with its incredible b450 motherboard! This motherboard supports AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Generations with Radeon Vega Graphics. Alternatively, you can also install Athlon with Radeon Vega graphics!
With DDR4 memory support and DDR4 boost, you get optimized PCB design, which enhances your memory’s performance. It also comes with an audio boost for crisp and high definition sound quality for the immersive gaming experience. The turbo M.2 innovation ensures that you get the speed of up to 32 Gb/s comfortably without any strain on the system.
The steel slots provided ensure to safeguard the delicate components from any damage. You also get the benefit of an X-boost that allows you to boost the capabilities of your storage device. The only problem that you might face is a compact design that can cause obstruction.
Thus, you will have to invest in a robust cooling system. However, if you’re looking for a genuinely feasible alternative to the X470 motherboard, then this one will meet your requirements. In simple words, this motherboard is for the gamers who are minimalist and don’t install too many components on the motherboard.
- Seamless updates and maintenance with MSI’s quality assurance.
- The best alternative to the X470 motherboard for those who are looking for ‘budget’ motherboards.
- Minimalist design for those who don’t want to customize too much.
- Supports 1st and 2nd Gen of Ryzen processors for an unmatched gaming experience.
- Cramped up design that makes it challenging to install additional components.
- Requires BIOS update and resets to work optimally.
5. ASRock ATX Motherboard
If you’re a rookie in the field of system customization for gaming, perhaps you should start here. Guides and manuals are vital to carry seamless installation and optimization. That is what the ASRock ATX motherboard brings you to help you with proper installation, calibration, and initiation of the system.
The black and silver color theme positively oozes a class, but let’s get into the specifications. Here you have an AM4 socket with Digi power design and nine power phase design. Thus, you get an option to install water cooling fans for best cooling, as temperature regulation is vital for hardware life.
You get four slots for DDR4 ram with OC boost that offers up to 64 GB of support with Pinnacle Ridge of AMD Ryzen. For best connectivity options, you get 4 PCI Express 3.0 ports and 16 slots. PCI Express 2.0 slots are also integrated. There are four SATA4 ports with NCQ support, AHCI, and Hot-plug options.
What does it all mean? You get a manual that helps you go through the motherboard that is cheap to build and customize. It is easy to install components and calibrate BIOS and other hardware for optimal function. The motherboard supports the latest Ryzen processors such as 3, 5, 7, and 9.
- User manual and guides for easy installation and maintenance.
- Standard B450 motherboard connectivity and features.
- Supports the latest Ryzen processors.
- Great price and one of the cheapest options available
- Requires additional cooling units for optimal performance.
- Requires overclocking the RAM and BIOS for the best performance.
6. MSI ProSeries AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Gen
This B450 motherboard comes with Turbo M.2 to deliver up to 32 GBPS of astonishing memory power. Thus, you get a system that boots up immediately for you to indulge in your gaming endeavors. Its core boost technology ensures a fluid transmission of power throughout the system.
Your system will run at the peak capabilities with reduced strain and heat that would cause due to power fluctuations. The motherboard is designed for pro-gamers and comes with ports, software, and tools that offer you leisures to customize your system. Thereby, you maintain a robust performance for the vast gaming experience.
The audio capacitors integrated into the motherboard eliminate the requirement for sound cards. Thus, you can enjoy a high definition of sound output with its mesmerizing quality. This motherboard comes with a steel armor, which ensures that your components remain protected thoroughly from any form of damage.
You also get 24/7 services from MSI that brings you optimum performance and satisfactory services. This motherboard comes with complete compatibility with Ryzen processors. However, it will require you to conduct a BIOS update or flash for functionality.
- Peak performance for extended gaming sessions.
- MSI’s services and performance guarantee.
- Made for professional gamers to offer flexible options.
- High-quality sound, impeccable graphics, and robust performance
Requires BIOS calibration for Ryzen 3000 or above processors to function.
7. GIGABYTE B450 AORUS ELITE
Gigabyte is back in the game with an unparalleled gaming b450 motherboard by teaming up with AORUS! This one comes with the latest 1st and 2nd gen Ryzen processor and Radeon Vega Graphic support. The AORUS style brings you the availability of a plethora of new features and precision control.
With AMD MI Technology, you get higher bootup speed with a storage booster for overall enhanced computing. The M.2 connectivity delivers 32GBPS of speed and comes integrated with a thermal guard that regulates the temperature. For your convenience, this one also comes with an I/O structure for better durability and installation options.
You can witness the same standard RGB fusion with Smart 5 Fan technology that is prominent in Gigabyte’s motherboard. Due to its performance-heavy specifications, this motherboard is compatible with VR. Thus, if you are a VR gamer, you will undoubtedly benefit from buying this particular motherboard.
Overall, this one does not require you to invest additionally in different components. Its built-in graphic and sound processors are remarkable to bring you impeccable gaming quality. Thus, by investing in this motherboard, you don’t need to spare money for other components.
- A standalone motherboard that does not require extra hardware or GPUs to deliver performance.
- AORUS technology to bring you unbeatable computing power and gaming performance.
- VR Ready and compatible on the go. Great for the latest gaming options.
- Compatible with Ryzen 3000 and other processors.
- Only supports up to 2nd generation of Ryzen processors.
- Requires additional fans for temperature regulation.
8. MSI Arsenal Gaming AMD Ryzen
If gaming is your passion and you don’t mind investing a little extra on a b450 motherboard, then it can’t get any better than this one. This one has all the standard integrations such as Ryzen processor, Vega graphic support, ports, and so on. However, what makes it stand out is the ‘Game Weapons’ feature.
This allows you to have a gaming boost, assign hotkeys, or debug overall performance for non-distorted gaming. It has such a strong performance that you can play for over 24 hours non-stop without exhausting the system. You also get easy BIOS recovery with a flash setup to make calibration easier.
There is an extended heatsink for amplified thermal protection, which ensures temperature regulation. PWN and enhanced circuit design provide a seamless flow of power for top performance. Much like other MSI motherboards, you get the gaming port, new core boost technology, and high-quality audio capacitors.
It is easy to follow through with a manual that has pictures and a comprehensive guide. Overall you get the trust and reliability of MSI gaming for assured quality.
- Easy to use BIOS
- Mystic light feature for a colorful experience
- Comes with everything you need for professional gaming
- Extensive 24 hours of performance, certified gaming experience
- One of the best B450 motherboards available in the market
- Might require additional tools and components for mounting, an installation that requires separate investment.
Factors to consider before buying the Best b450 motherboard – The buyer’s guide
Before you finally decide on your b450 motherboard, make sure to consider these factors. We’ve made sure to contemplate the most specific and essential aspects to provide you the information. Whether the list suits you or not, make sure to consider the following:
- Compatibility: There are different components that a motherboard utilizes to deliver impeccable performance. RAM, Processor, GPU, Sound Card, Hard Drive, and many other parts are important. All of these work with the motherboard to deliver a seamless connection. Therefore, you need to pay attention to the compatibility of the motherboard to the components you’re looking to install in it.
- Processor: Primarily, there are two processors in the gaming industry that you need to consider, Intel and AMD. Both of these companies are known for delivering exceptional processors. Thus, you need to look at the b450 chipset and understand which processor would it initially support optimally. Both have a difference in design, and AMD supported b450 motherboard will not be compatible with Intel and vice versa.
- Model Selection: The model of the b450 can play a vital role in supporting both of the points mentioned above. If you choose a high-end b450 motherboard, you might be limited to the choice of processors. Similarly, different models have different compatibilities. We’ve worked our best to elaborate on these compatibilities. It is a good idea to aim for a mid-range model that is flexible.
- CPU Cabinet: If you already have a CPU cabinet for the b450 motherboard, then you need to look for a design that suits it. Otherwise, a good idea is to first purchase the motherboard and then look for the cabinet. Alternatively, you can see if the motherboard you aim to buy has a feasible cabinet option or not. This would ensure that you save money without needlessly spending on the cabinet.
An important point to remember is that you’re not looking for a high-end machine. The entire appeal of the b450 motherboard is that it allows you to have a high-functioning mid-range PC.
So, don’t invest excessively on the chipset. Let’s not forget that it is possible for them to not support the latest processors in the near future, around a year or two from now.
While it won’t significantly drop the performance of appeal if you’re looking to build it in the future with the latest integrations, that might be a little challenging.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Ans: Almost all of the b450 motherboards are compatible with the Zen 2 processor. However, some models might require you to carry out a BIOS update to work optimally with the processor.
The motherboard is also compatible with Ryzen 5, 7, and 9 processors if you’re looking to go for them. Moreover, instead of 5, 7, or 9 versions, you should undoubtedly opt for a Zen 2 processor, which is far better and a next-generation milestone in the gaming industry for mid-range gaming PCs.
Ans: The B450 is technically the next generation b350 motherboard. It is more affordable with better features that you only receive in the motherboards, such as X-470.
The b350 model does not support the latest processors, either. While b550 is also a compelling choice, it is dropping down and getting discontinued. That is because of the b450 and its support of components, processors, and much more.
Overall, b450 will prove to be the most outstanding motherboard in the long run if you’re looking to build a sustainable gaming platform.
Ans: Almost all of the b450 motherboards support Ryzen components. From Zen 2 to the high-end, Ryzen 9 is compatible. However, you need to understand that Zen 2 is the best pairing you will get.
Almost all of the motherboards come with up to date support for Ryzen. If you somehow end up with a one that is not compatible, you can update the BIOS for it to work with the latest processor.
Ans: It is true that the b450 motherboard may not support processors and components that will roll out in the near future. However, that is highly unlikely due to the demand and performance of the b450 chipset. Even if that were to happen, it wouldn’t make a significant difference for at least two to three years in the future. With 8GB to 16 GB RAM, robust GPU, and powerful processor, you will still have crisp and smooth gaming experience.
Many gamers still use a five years old system that still manages to dominate the performance. All you need to understand is that the latest feature support, overclocking, and such are more important. For a mid-range gaming PC, b450 is a sustainable investment for the future.
Ans: Almost all of the b450 chipset motherboards support AMD processors with no compatibility with an Intel processor. There are other motherboards that are identical to b450 that can help an intel processor. However, for an authentic b450, it is advised to go for an AMD processor. Ryzen 5, 7, or Zen 2 is the best selection in this spectrum. For gaming and graphics, AMD has the upper hand as it is.
So if you’re looking to build a system that can perform non-stop for years to come, an AMD processor is suggested. However, if you look diligently, you will find one that supports Intel as well.
If you’re looking to build an in-budget PC with the best b450 motherboard, this is the list to rely upon. While motherboards like b350 and b550 are dropping out at a steady pace, b450 is establishing a dominion. With the support of up to 3rd gen Ryzen processors, these are worth the investment.
Additionally, you gain access to several features such as overclocking, Store MI Technology, Precision boost overdrive, and much more. For an absolute enthralling gaming experience or even your graphics endeavors, these are the most well-versed b450 motherboards available in the market.
We’ve made sure to take customer satisfaction and review under heavy consideration, with personal opinion after use to bring you this guide.